Did you get the message? No? It’s because the title appears somewhat like a riddle. Here clean-machine represents the machine that’s entrusted with cleaning the environment around you and me at our homes – just like the time-machine which keeps the timing on and off between the past and the future. Doesn’t this sound very interesting?
‘m actually about to talk about the ways and means for keeping your vacuum cleaner clean. Hope it’s clear enough beyond the doubt. But, you know what at times doing the simple chores like can take your guts out particularly when you have a little knowledge or no knowledge about cleaning a vacuum cleaner which itself cleans the world around us. Now, how to go about it?
Before we jump into the discussion of ways and means to keep your vacuum cleaner clean let’s try to understand what essentially a vacuum cleaner stands for and how it cleans the environment around us at our homes. The understanding of these issues here will help us correlate with the steps to be taken us in keeping this machine clean alongside forming a clear conception about how to get the machine cleaned when needed.
What is a vacuum cleaner and how does it function?
A vacuum cleaner can at best be described as a device that creates somewhat vacuum or we can say partial vacuum with the help of a air pump inside the hose pipe attached to it thereby sucks dust particles into it which is then stocked in a bag popularly known as vacuum cleaner bag attached to the other end of the said hose pipe. A vacuum cleaner can suck dust particles or other dirt into it from the floors, walls, carpets, sofa and any other object through and with the help of specialized heads that can be attached to the open end of the hose pipe as per your requirement.
If we don’t maintain the vacuum cleaner clean, then what?
The proposition itself sounds to me as if we don’t brush our teeth and still asking then what, which in effect connotes something absurd. Why? We all know that if we don’t brush our teeth and we continue to eat as we wish very soon than not we land up in troubles such as tooth ache, gum pains and / or bleeding from the gums what not with a free bad breath (!!!). I sincerely hope that I could make a point through and with the help of this example with regard to the necessity of cleaning our vacuum clean regularly.
Cleaning exercise for every machine is necessary as it increases its life span alongside maintaining its efficiency level in terms of energy consumption as well as the tasking ability for which it was made. Additionally a little care about the machine effectively appreciates the value for your money spent on it by way of the longevity of the machine over the years followed by less of running cum maintenance costs. Isn’t it goo to take a little taxing job such as cleaning your machine in hand?
How to go about cleaning your vacuum cleaner?
I doubt there could barely be any uniform practice or procedure to keep your vacuum cleaner cleaned on daily basis even though the basics in this remain the same with a common purpose to serve; i.e., keeping the vacuum cleaner clean. Let’s break down to points so as to understand the blanket process of vacuum cleaner cleaning. Deviations, if any, in this have to be taken as exceptions to the prevailing practices and therefore must be construed as the exception that supports the rule as they say exception proves the rule.
- Your vacuum cleaner doesn’t require much of your attention, time and energy towards its maintenance; rather looks for a bit of it for the smooth functioning and effective cleaning. This in turn puts you in advantage by reducing the costs and frequency of repairs alongside appreciating the value of your money that you had originally spent on it while owning it. The first and foremost step involves in unplugging your machine from the board before resorting to the act of cleaning it. It is very much necessary for your own safety while cleaning the machine.
- Checking the collection bag alias the vacuum cleaner bag regularly with regard to its emptiness failing which you will be toiling more as well as consuming more electrical power for the machine on run whereas the quality of cleaning will go down alongside putting additional load on the motor of your vacuum cleaner. This simply reduces the machine performance alongside life expectancy of the machine.
Detection of emptiness of the bag from outside is not very tough. All that you need to do is simply open up your machine press the bag lightly so as to feel the actual position of the bag with regard to its emptiness.
Alternatively you can be observant about the quality of cleaning the machine is doing on its deployment on floors or walls or wherever you apply it for cleaning. Id dust particles are still found to be there on the floor or wall or the place of your application it indicates that your cleaner bag by all probability is filled up or nearing to exhaust thereby putting additional pressure on the motor cum air pump of the vacuum cleaner. This must be avoided at any cost. They say a stitch in time saves nine. Be proactive rather than becoming reactive.
- It is generally advisable to replace the cleaner bag whenever you feel like it’s half filled or at least one third of it has been filled up. Simultaneously a check on the correct bag size and its attachment with the machine through and with the help of clips is working seamlessly. This ushers to the optimum performance of the machine. With regard to the size of the cleaner bag you can always refer to the manufacturers guide or else ask your nearby seller on the same who will be able to guide you based on the manufacturer and make such as model name and number etc.
- There are vacuum cleaners that use bin trays in lieu of disposable or reusable cleaner bags. In case of machines equipped with bin trays you have to keep the bin trays cleaned regularly for the optimal performance of the machine in terms of cleaning as well as energy efficiency and longevity. In such a case you will see that bin trays can actually pop out very easily for the sole purpose of cleaning it.
- Clean the heads used at the open end of the hose pipe which too contribute to the optimal performance of your machine. Hence cleaning of heads regularly is equally desirable.
- Cleaning the brush roll alias beater bar which is essentially a spinning brush beneath the machine therefore becomes mandatory too. For cleaning the same you may be required to remove the bottom plate of the machine and clean the brush roll delicately. Onus to mention here that you don’t require cleaning the brush roll spotlessly as it will not be in direct contact with the floors or walls on which you apply your vacuum cleaner.
- Clean and lubricate the bearings on the brush roll. It helps functioning the brush roll effectively.
- Clean debris accumulations inside the hose pipe, brush roll housing or in any other parts of your vacuum cleaner.
- Replace spare parts if you find any of them malfunctioning. This will sustain the machine life alongside its performance.
- If you have a wet-dry vacuum cleaner please empty the bin regularly with a view to avoid rusts followed by clean or replace the filter at a regular interval and tae knowledge about picking up liquids beforehand.
Nothing contained herein above is exhaustive even though it will surely work as a blanket guideline for taking care of your vacuum cleaner and help you enjoy more hassle free life. Have a happy cleaning!!!